Buying a motel is no small undertaking, and you’ll be entering a competitive, cut-throat industry, but it will pay off if you put the work into finding the right motel for sale.
As a motel owner, you’ll spend many hours at your motel, establishing it as a place where people need to stay. So, you need to ensure that you have the time to put into your new business as you can’t afford any distractions within the first two years, or you chance your business failing.
As motel brokers in Australia, we have multiple listings of motels for potential business owners. We understand that this is a big decision to make and that the process can be scary and daunting, which is why we’ll be with you every step of the way, giving you our years of knowledge and experience. You will also want to discuss motel management rights with your motel broker before you make your purchase.
WHY CONSIDER A MOTEL FOR SALE IN AUSTRALIA
When you want to enter the hospitality industry, owning and running a motel is the perfect way to start. Motels require slightly more maintenance than that of a B&B, however significantly less than a hotel. Finding a realtor who can assist you with finding a motel for sale in QLD is the first step you need to take to find the right motel to own. Here are some reasons why you should consider purchasing a motel in Australia.
- Vacation destination. Australia is one of the most popular destinations for people around the world to visit. Many tourists want to spend more money on their experiences in our country than on where they stay, which is why motels are a popular choice for them to stay in while on holiday. You’ll find that many of your guests will be people from other countries, giving you a steady flow of accommodation.
- As a motel owner, you’ll get to network with other business owners in the hospitality and entertainment industries. Networking is an important aspect of running a business as you can assist each other by promoting one another’s businesses.
- Long-term investment. Owning any type of property is an investment in your future, and owning land with a business run on it even more so. Buying a motel can be used as your retirement plan or an investment in your children’s future.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR MOTEL BROKER
Before you make the leap and purchase a motel, there are many questions you need to ask yourself and motel brokers to ensure that you are making the right decision that will affect the rest of your life. Investing in any new business has its risks, however, you will be investing hundreds of thousands of dollars when it comes to purchasing, owning, and running a motel, so if you are unable to make a success of the business, you stand to lose a lot. Here are a few questions you need to ask motel brokers in QLD before you go ahead and make an offer on the property:
- Why is the property for sale? One of the first questions you have to ask your broker is why the motel is up for sale; you’ll need to know if it’s because the previous owner retired, was in debt, or if they didn’t have the know-how to run a business. This should be a deciding factor in whether you should purchase or not.
- Past successes of the motel. You’ll want to have access to the motel’s books before considering buying. The books will give you an indication of how well the motel does and during which months it is the busiest.
- Your broker’s experience in the motel market. When buying or selling a motel, you want an experienced broker who knows the industry and how to market the property. Ask about their past sales and their knowledge of the area.
ABOUT the OFF MARKET Group
With our many years in the property industry, we have established ourselves as the go-to business to assist you with finding the right motel for you to purchase. Our team of experienced and highly qualified agents will sit down with you and find out exactly what it is that you are looking for in a motel and find a listing that is suitable for your needs. We’ll assist you through the entire process and share our invaluable knowledge that is sure to make your new business a success. We believe in complete transparency when it comes to our fees, and you can rest assured that there are no hidden costs involved in the process. When it comes to selling your motel, we can do so discreetly and with a marketing strategy that is best suited for your sale.
For more information about the services, we provide or to book an appointment, contact us today.